Thursday 13 November 2014

My new favourite lip products | Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils

Happy Thursday everyone! Can't believe I'm actually keeping up with posting 3 time a week, but I'm trying to be very organised and have all my post planned out up until mid December. So things are looking positive! 



Today I thought I'd share with you the lip products I've been reaching for almost exclusively for the past month or so. They are the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils. I have three of them so far in the shades 630 Nude Perfection, 520 Light It Up and 310 Berry Much. Their description as an 'intense velvet lip pencil' is completely spot on as the texture and finish isn't completely matte but has that velvet look to it which I love. I've seen quite a few reviews online of these saying they are dupes for the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. I've only swatched the Nars ones in stores as I was hesitant to part with £18 for just one even though I've always had my eye on Red Square. When I saw these in Boots for just £4.99 I couldn't get them home quick enough to try out and I certainly was not disappointed.

All three of the pencils I have are so easy to apply as the pencils just glide along your lips with no pulling or dragging whatsoever. They feel very smooth and creamy yet still have that velvety/matte finish. Being pencils makes them super long lasting as well, I've eaten and drunk whilst wearing all three shades I have and didn't need to reapply at all. I guess the only downside I can think of is I have lost my pencil sharpener which has a hole big enough for the size of these pencils so I will have to go out and repurchase one of those. A part from that I haven't found any negatives so far.
The one i've got the most wear out of so far is Nude Perfection. I know you're all probably sick of hearing about the Kyle Jenner 90's nude lip craze but this shade really is a winner. In the past I've struggled to find a matte nude shade which works for my skin tone, they usually either look like I'm wearing concealer on my lips or are just too brown. Nude Perfection is the shade that just works for me. I'm tempted to by another incase it gets discontinued.

My favourite shade out of the three to wear is Berry Much. I love a bold berry toned lip any time of the year really but obviously as it's Autumn at the moment this kind of shade is gorgeous. For day time I prefer to apply this quite sparingly so it's more of a berry stain and then at night really go all out with full, dramatic coverage. One of my all time favourite lipsticks is Rebel by Mac but lately this has replaced Rebel for me which I never thought would happen.
I think Maybelline have done a brilliant job with these lip pencils and I'm sure I will be purchasing more of the shades from the range. 

Thanks for reading and I'll see you Sunday for my next post.
Laura x

Find me elsewhere:
Twitter: @laurasivers
Instagram: @laurasivers_
Tumblr: helloenvy-0.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment