Tuesday 25 November 2014

The Me-Time Tag



Estée from EssieButton and Amelia Liana are two of my all time favourite Bloggers and YouTubers. I love all their posts and videos although I think their vlogs are my favourite, especially when Reggie and Duke are featured in them - who doesn't love cute puppies?

They recently created a tag called the Me-Time Tag which a lot of other YouTubers and Bloggers have done so I thought I would jump on the band wagon and do it too.

What do you watch or read during me-time?
I mainly watch YouTube videos, I love propping my laptop or iPad up so I can watch stuff when I'm in the bath - that's not weird or TMI is it? I'm not really a big reader to be honest.

What do you wear during me-time? #nobra
Haha, I am not very gifted in the boob area so I am guilty of not wearing a bra whenever I can get away with it which is probably 70% of the time! But during me-time I will be found wearing some form of PJs - I love the really cosy, fleecey ones you can get from Primark which are super affordable.

What are your me-time beauty products?
Masks, masks and more masks. If i'm having a proper pampering me-time session I will use two or three face masks. I've been getting constant break outs on my chin for the past couple of months so start with a purifying mask on that area such as the Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask then I will use a radiance boosting mask over the other areas of my face. Then I always finish with an ultra hydrating or moisturising mask. I'll often put a hair mask on as well but currently I haven't got one which I'm really loving.

Current favourite nail polish? 
I've recently rekindled my love for glitter nail polishes as it's getting close to winter party season. Essie A Cut Above is the most gorgeous pink sparkly polish which I pretty much wore throughout the entire month of December last year and I whacked it out again last week and had so many compliments on it. It works over light or dark polish shades but my favourite way to wear it is layered over Rimmel Space Dust in Aurora but I think that has been discontinued now.

What do you eat/drink during me-time? 
I do love a cup of tea - milk, two sugars FYI ;) - but lately I have been obsessed with hot chocolate and mini marshmallows. To eat I like little things to snack on like granola or nuts or something like that.

Current favourite candle?
At the moment I'm burning Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie. If you don't like sickly sweet scents then you will hate this but I absolutely adore it. It's my favourite pre-christmas candle as I like to save the full on warm spicy scents for when it's really close to Christmas.

Do you ever have outdoor me-time? 
Yes, I have a gorgeous springer spaniel called Alfie and I love taking him for walks. I can walk 5 minutes up my road and I'm on the South Downs where it's lovely to walk with him in the woods or up the hills listening to my music and just enjoying being outside with my puppy.

Would you ever go see a movie alone? 
Probably not. I love movies don't get me wrong but I always struggle going to the cinema a bit as I get restless so easily. I'm so used to being able to pause what I'm watching and go off and do something else for a bit, sitting in a cinema knowing that I can't do that makes me even more restless so I tend to avoid it and wait until films come onto Sky or online.

Favourite online shop? 
ASOS have online shopping nailed. You can't beat the variety of things on their and being a Premier member makes ordering and returning things so easy, almost too easy at times! Selfridges is also one of my top online shops for beauty related things.

Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?
Baking is always one of my favourite things to do if I have some me-time. I find being in the kitchen really relaxing and I love experimenting and trying new recipes.

So there's a little insight into what I do when I'm chilling out or having some downtime.
Feel free to comment below on what you like to do in your me-time.

Laura x

Find me on twitter: @laurasivers
Instagram: @laurasivers_



No comments:

Post a Comment