Sunday 8 September 2013

Summer favourites | Laura Sivers


Hello lovely people.

So it's suddenly September...what?! How did that happen and where did the summer go? I'm not the biggest summer fan but I had a fabulous summer this year which has been lovely, but I am so excited for Autumn/Winter and can't wait to be wearing layers and coats and cosy tights.

Anyway, while before it's a too distant memory I though I would safer some of my favourite things I've found and used over the summer.


Stila | In The Moment Eye Shadow Palette

Firstly I have to start with this stunning Stila palette which I got sometime during July and it has been practically the only eye shadow I have been wearing since I got it. The colours are beautiful and all seem to suit my pale complexion. I'm a big fan of anything purple and I've had my eye on the Stila palettes for a while so In The Moment had to be the one I chose. The shadows are so soft and blendable but really pigmented so you don't need much to create a strong colour. 
It also comes with a eye liner pencil but I haven't really used that except to test it out.

BarryM | Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

I know I'm a little late on the band wagon for these Gelly polishes but wow I have fallen in love. I cannot fault these at all. Beautiful colours, easy smooth application and so long lasting and paired with my standard Seche Vite top coat just unbelievably shiny. Love love love. My favourites are Blueberry and Lychee (3+5).


Maybelline | Colour Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Hot Plum

My most worn lip colour of the season is definitely this. As I said before I'm a massive lover of purple so this is my ideal summery happy shade of lipstick. 
I do love a statement lip and this really does give you that. Every time I've worn it I get comments from people - even strangers - saying what a lovely shade it is. I'm sure I will continue wearing this in Autumn and Winter.


La Roche-Posay | Anthelios XL Melt-in Cream SPF 50+
Urban Veda | Purifying Day Cream

I don't think I would have survived the crazy hot weather the UK has had this season without this SPF 50+ day cream. I love La Roche-Posay products so much and am building my collection slowly but surely. Their formulas just seem to work so well with my sensitive skin. But this melt-in cream has honestly been my saviour on all these hot days where I've had to be in the sun as I burn stupidly easily. I've scent is nice and clean like all their products and it just feels nice to apply onto my skin after cleansing. It doesn't really work when applying foundation over the top but I didn't tend to do that as I didn't wear a full face of foundation during the day in summer. I wouldn't recommend it as a base for foundation.
The Urban Vida Purifying Day Cream I receives in my August Glossybox and I've included it in this as although I've only used it a few weeks I really like it. It really mattefies my skin if I'm having an oily t-zone day which I really like and it has a gorgeous scent of tea tree which makes me feel so fresh. It is just a really nice cream to apply first thing in the morning.

So there you have it, my summer favourites! 

Hope you've all had a lovely summer too :)

Laura x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment