Monday 14 October 2013

Properly Autumn | Laura Sivers


Good morning lovely people!

I think after the week we've just had it's safe to say it is well and truly Autumn! I have to say I haven't been much of a fan of the rain and cold nights but it really is a lovely time of year.

As you know, I love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes - probably my most favourite thing about the season - so I decided to use this as inspiration to bake a Pumpkin Spice Loaf Cake. I bought a small pumpkin and made pumpkin purée from scratch which was a bit of an effort but oh so worth it! The cake tasted amazing - full of spices and fruit and deliciously moist pumpkin. I'll include the recipe at the end of this post. 

So, my October Challenges week 2 update. As you can probably tell from the baking, the no sugar rule has gone out the window. I'm not sure why I ever thought I could do zero sugar, it is impossible! I have however stopped having any sugar in my tea and coffee and have stayed away from biscuits. Cake however is another story! I have been walking a lot each day - averaging about 6 miles per day which isn't quite at my 7 mile mark but I figured I either have dance classes, rehearsals or work most days where I'm dancing around so it makes up for not quite reaching 7 miles.

Now OOTD weekly round up:


Day 7 - 07/10/2013
Red Cable Knit Jumper - Republic (I found this in my brothers wardrobe so I have no idea when he bought it so it may or may not be available!).
Black Denim Biker Shorts - All Saints.
Navy cable knit socks - Primark.
Amalia Lace Up Brogues - Topshop.


Day 8 - 08/10/2013
Cooperative Penny Collar Blouse in Tartan - Urban Outfitters.
Black swing dress - Forever 21 (bought in New York in 2008).
Plum cable knit socks - Primark.
Amalia Lace Up Brogues - Topshop.


Day 9 - 09/10/2013
Linen Viscose Oversize Top - Topshop.
Tartan Skater Skirt - ASOS.
Black socks - no idea where they're from!
Amalia Lace Up Brogues - Topshop.
Wind Up Clock/Pocket Watch necklace - Urban Outfitters.


Burnout Tee, Skull Print Scarf, Daisy Lace Sundress - all from Topshop.
Super cosy tights - Primark.
Bailey Button boots - UGG.


Portere Parka Jacket - All Saints.
Green Polka Dot Skater Dress & Super Cosy tights - both from Primark.
Raspberry Bow Cardigan & Grey Knee High Socks - both from Urban Outfitters.
Bailey Button boots - UGG.


Basic Men's White Tee & Super Cosy Tights - both from Primark.
Cooperative Ditsy Babydoll Dress - Urban Outfitters.
Amalia Lace Up Brogues - Topshop.

Grey Long Slouch Vest & High Rollar Tank - both from Topshop.
Wrap around Cardigan - New Look.
Riding Pants - American Apparel.
Over The Knee Socks - Jack Wills.
Bailey Button Boots - UGG.
Pieces Crille Tube Scarf - ASOS.

Primark super cosy tights are seriously my favourite tights ever, ever time I go shopping I end up buying another pair. They will be what I live in this winter.

And there you go! Hope you all have a lovely week.
Laura x x

Pumpkin Spice Loaf Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup raisins/sultanas
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
2 medium eggs 
1 cup pumpkin purée 
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Pinch of ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3 pieces of ginger in syrup
Spiced rum

Method:
1. Soak raisins/sultanas in warm spiced rum for at least 1 hour.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180c.
3. Mix sugars, oil and eggs in large bowl till combined then mix in pumpkin purée and vanilla.
4. Whisk flour, salt, baking powder and spices in separate bowl then add to wet mixture.
5. Finely chop the pieces of ginger then add to the raisins/sultanas and rum and stir.
6. Drain raisins/sultanas and ginger and gold into mixture.
7. Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 1 hour.
8. Allow to cool in tin for 15 mins before removing and place on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.





No comments:

Post a Comment