Wednesday 4 December 2013

The Christmas Tag | Laura Sivers




Happy December lovely people!

It is now socially acceptable everywhere to be all consumed by everything Christmas and I am loving it and feel so festive. I thought I'd kick off December on my blog with the Christmas Tag I got from the lovely Fee - go and check out her Make up and Beauty blog http://www.makeupsavvy.co.uk/



1. Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic? 

I definitely prefer a real one as you just can't beat the gorgeous smell. We tend to get the ones where the needles don't drop which saves you from hoovering 10x a day! 


 2. You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick? 

Ooooh! Well anybody who knows me, knows I go to Starbucks practically every day! I'm currently alternating between a Gingerbread Latte, Toffee Nut Latte and a Peppermint Hot Chocolate - all with skinny of course :) I've tried every festive drink from both Starbucks and Costa and those 3 are my favourites! 


 3. Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree? 

Traditional. So reds, greens, golds and white. I love old fashioned decorations. Oh and lots and lots of fairy lights! 


 4. Giving or receiving? 

100000% giving! I get so so excited about giving people presents. I've been browsing online for Christmas gifts every day since August ended just to try and find the perfect gift. I love wrapping too and making all the gifts I give look beautiful. Ah I just love it. Receiving, for me, is always a bit awkward as I am beyond fussy and I'm really not subtle so if something isn't right or I don't like it I can't lie and pretend I do, my face always gives me away!  


 5. To mince pie or not to? 

Oh I bought some mince meat filling the other day to make some mince pies - thanks for reminding me! I have to be in the mood to actually eat mince pies but I think I quite like them. 


 6. What's your traditional Sunday lunch?  

I'm guessing this means Christmas Lunch as it's a Christmas tag. Well as a child I never used to like turkey so we always used to have roast beef on Christmas Day. Now I prefer turkey so as my Mum is amazing she does a roast turkey dinner :) So I would have turkey, loads of veg (can't actually remember what vegetables we usually have) then maybe a potato and a pig in a blanket.  


 7. Christmas day fashion 

Ever since I was tiny I've had a new dress for Christmas Day so it will always be a dress with tights and boots. This is one of my favourite Christmas Day photos of me and my brother:





8. What's your favourite Christmas song? 

If it was acceptable I would listen to Christmas music all year round I love it so much! My absolute favourite is Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby. I also love Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens too. I recorded on a Christmas CD this year which was so much fun and actually sounds pretty good - let me know if you want to buy one ;) 


 9. What's your favourite Christmas film? 

There's a big long list of my favourite Christmas films, my top three would have to be Elf, The Holiday and Miracle on 34th Street. Sky Movies is so worth having just for the month of December as there are so many amazing films on all day everyday which I am definitely taking advantage of! 


 10. Open presents before or after lunch? 

 Before! The rule in our household is my brother and I open our stockings as soon as we wake up but then we all have to be dressed and had breakfast before we all sit and open the presents under the tree. I think this system works quite nicely.



I hope to do some more Christmas themed blog posts throughout December so keep a look out for some more festive fun.


Laura x x 

1 comment:

  1. i loved reading this tag! me & my sister open some of our presents when we wake up too - i don't understand how people can wait until after!
    becky xx

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete