Friday 29 November 2013

November Favourites | Laura Sivers



Hi lovely people

So it's been a while since I last blogged, I'm going to blame it on me being unwell and also super busy....but really it's because I'm lazy!

So I thought I'd kick start my blog back into action with some November favourites for you. Some of these are old favourites which i've rediscovered and some are all new.

Firstly lets start with my number one favourite product I've been using this month: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. Now this is the original one, not the newer version (Recovery Complex II is on my Christmas list!). My mum has been using this on and off for ages and I have tried it now and again but this past month I have been using this after cleansing my face every other evening pretty religiously and I have to say I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. It feels more hydrated and radiant and just generally more balanced. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine so i'm sure it's down to this.


Next some hair care for you; Label.M Treatment Shampoo and Moisturising Conditioner. If you have ever got your hair done at a Toni & Guy salon then I'm sure you're more than familiar with lovely Label.M products. I myself have tried a fair few over the many years I've been having my hair done at Toni & Guy and previously I've enjoyed using the products but never overly wowed by them and for the price definitely not worth it. However on my last visit I had a long chat with my hair dresser and she recommended this combination of shampoo and conditioner and it really suits my hair so well. These two combined have made my hair much more manageable and shiny and definitely less dry and flyaway. Big thumbs up from me :)


Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Dark Brown. I picked this up in Boots a few weeks ago as honestly I was just finding something else so I could take advantage of the 3for2 offer on make up and I am so glad I did! When I opened the tube I was a bit put off by the shape of the wand as it looked really messy and thought I would end up with mascara all over my forehead but I was wrong as it is so easy to use! I always use a light hand when applying anything to my brows as it's easy to go over board but a light hand and this mascara makes getting a precise application so simple. Now I've found this it's my go-to brow product for day time, probably for evening I would still use shadow on my brows but for day time this is quick easy and keeps your brows in place all day.


Here are the old favourites and beauty blogger staples: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair and Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate in shade 107. There's not much that can really be said about these two products as they have been covered thousands of times. But if there was one beauty product I seriously could not live without it would be this Collection concealer, I wear it every single day without fail. And the lipstick is the absolutely perfect autumn/winter berry shade which is so wearable for day and night. To be honest i've mostly worn it during the day and whenever I do I always get compliments or people asking what lipstick i'm wearing. If you were going to buy just two products this season I would say these two should be it.


Lastly a random favourite for you; Yankee Candle in Salted Caramel. If you don't like sickly sugary foody scents then this candle is 100% not for you. If, however, you are like me and adore filling your house with sweet scents then I cannot recommend this candle enough. The fragrance just makes you want to eat it. It hits you as soon as you remove the lid before even lighting it, it's just simply delicious!

So there you have my top favourites for the month of November. I will try and make more of an effort with my blog this month and look out for some festive inspired posts.

Laura 
x x x


1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I just wanted to let you know me and my friends from blog Teenage diary nominated you for the liebster award. Here's a link where are all the things you have to know: http://it-sacrazylife.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-liebster-award.html
    xoxo,
    p.s.: your blog is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete