Wednesday 5 November 2014

Current Foundation Favourites | November 2014


Foundations have always been the hardest thing for me to get right. Usually they're the wrong shade or they cling to dry patches. Right now I have a nice handful of foundations which I'm really happy with.


I'll start with the one I've worn most regularly over the last few months. It's the Estée Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB Moisture Makeup - possibly the longest product name ever! I have it in Intensity 1.0 which is the lightest shade and it has an SPF of 30 which was perfect for over the summer.  Depending on my mood I either apply it with my Zoeva Silk Finish Face Brush or I just use my fingers to blend it. Most mornings it is usually fingers as this is the quickest method and it really does blend out nicely. I would say this is a light to medium coverage and it really does give a gorgeous glow as it states in the ridiculously long name. I do like BB creams for during the day although others I've tried don't last half as long as this one does. I think as the colder weather is coming though I wont get as much use out of this one.

Next I have my 'going out' foundation which has to have no SPF as I do not want the ghostly flash face in photos. Nars Sheer Glow is my go-to night time foundation and it is just lush. I use it in Siberia which if I'm being super critical it is a tiny bit too yellow for my skin tone but I can easily get away with it. I like applying it with my Real Technique Expert Face Brush as the short dense bristles allow me to buff it in to my hearts content. Buffing is key when using this foundation as if you do spend a little extra time working it into the skin you end up with the perfect airbrushed base without it looking at all flat. I do set this foundation with a powder when I'm going out to make sure it stays flawless all night.


A more recent discovery is the Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation in shade 40 Light Ivory. I picked this up in Boots randomly one day, mainly because I like the swirl effect of the product in the bottle. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging like that! I fell in love with this foundation when I used it. It gives a stunning dewy finish whilst still having quite a lot of coverage. This is perfect for those days where your skin isn't looking too great and you want a fuller coverage but don't want to look like you're wearing an inch of makeup on your face. It somehow manages to maintain that dewy glowy quality whilst still really covering a multitude of sins. I like to use my Zoeva Silk Finish again with this and I usually powder through my t-zone and any places where I am trying to cover a particular blemish.


Finally an old favourite and only really one I've been reaching for again in the past week or so when the weather has been getting a bit colder. Mac Studio Fix Fluid in shade NW10. I know so many people hate this foundation but I love it, and I love it even more when I mix it with a bit of Soap and Glory Hocus Focus Visual Flaw-Softening Illuminator. I swear mixing these two products together has been my greatest discovery. It turns Studio Fix Fluid into a much lighter feeling base and stops that 'I-want-to-scratch-my-face-off' feeling I sometimes get after too many hours of wear. As Hocus Focus is an illuminator it always gives a beautiful glow effect which as you can guess from this post I'm a bit fan of. I just love this combination and I'm sure it will be my standard day time base for this winter.

Hope you enjoyed reading,

Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment