Wednesday 23 April 2014

Top 4 Nail Colours for Spring



Throughout the winter months I went through a very nude phase with my nails, they didn't see a lot of colour. I still love a chic nude nail but I thought as Spring has well and truly sprung now I thought I would share with you a few of my top nail colours for Spring.


1. Seche Nail Lacquer | Blanc II.


White nails can look so simple and chic for both warmer and colder months and this shade is perfect if you're worried about the 'tipex' effect that white nail polish can sometimes give. If you're going for a full on opaque white it will take 3-4 coats, 2 coats will give a sheerer colour which I think is equally as pretty. I also love using this white if I'm doing a french manicure as I would describe it as a soft milky white which I prefer for french tips and it doesn't create such a harsh line.



2. BarryM Gelly Nail Paint | Huckleberry.


This is a new shade which BarryM have added to their Gelly range for this season and I simply adore it. Lots of brands have released these similar white-pastels for this season but I've been a huge fan of the BarryM Gelly line since it came out last year so I snapped up Huckleberry and Rose Hip (a pale pink) as soon as I saw them in store. Huckleberry is definitely my favourite as it's practically white with just a hue of blue to it which looks beautiful on nails. And as always I can fault the Gelly formula, goes on like a dream and lasts so well.


3. BarryM Gelly Nail Paint | Greenberry.


I told you I liked the Gelly polishes! I think Greenberry was in the original line up when the Gelly range came out and was one of the first shades I picked up. I love how vibrant the green is and I always get compliments when I wear this shade. If you're looking to introduce some colour to your nails now the weather is getting warmer, this is a lovely colour to pick. It works for all skin tones and really makes your nails pop.


4. Tanya Burr | Bright and Early


This is my most recent purchase for nails and I wore it over the Easter weekend and oh my I am in love with this colour. It's the perfect pinky/peachy/coral shade for me and I find it looks stunning when worn with the Revlon Color Matte Balm in ..... I am a huge fan of coral nails for summer but have never found the perfect shade until now. I just love it and even better that it's by one of my favourite YouTubers.


Hope this inspired you to inject some springyness into your fingertips. Let me know what your favourite colours are to wear on your nails during Sping/Summer.




2 comments: